Linda had dogs growing up and trained them to be good house pets with the normal “dog tricks.” In 1985 she saw an AKC Obedience Trial and decided obedience training would be a lot of fun.
Her initial obedience dogs were Springer Spaniels and she began training at Applewoods in early 1986. She took a partial break to raise her daughter and found that the calm, consistent clear communication that worked with dogs worked well with children. She and her husband currently have Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and are also doing Field work.
Linda teaches the Elementary and Middle School classes and helps her husband with the field (AKC Hunt Test) training. Her youngest dog, Molly, is completing her CDX title and has started working on the Utility Exercises as well as additional field work. Linda is an AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Evaluator.
- Springer Spaniel/Brandy: CD, CDX (2 Seconds), UD (2 Firsts, 1 Second)
- Springer Spaniel/Allie: CD, CDX (1 Placement)
- Springer Spaniel/Casey: CD (1 Placement), RN, RA
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever/Maggie: BN (3 Placements), RN, RA, CGC, CGCA
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever/Molly: CD (2 Placements), CDX in progress (2 Firsts), CGC, CGCA, JH, SH