Linda had dogs growing up and trained them to be good house pets with the normal “dog tricks.” In 1985 she saw an AKC Obedience Trial and decided obedience training would be a lot of fun.
Her initial obedience dogs were Springer Spaniels and she began training at Applewoods in early 1986. She took a partial break to raise her daughter and found that the calm, consistent clear communication that worked with dogs worked well with children. She and her husband currently have Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and are also doing Field work.
Linda teaches the Elementary and Middle School classes and helps her husband with the field (AKC Hunt Test and AKC Field Trial) training. Her youngest dog, Abby, is working toward her CD title and has started training the CDX Exercises as well as field work. Linda is an AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Evaluator.
- Springer Spaniel/Brandy: CD, CDX (2 Seconds), UD (2 Firsts, 1 Second)
- Springer Spaniel/Allie: CD, CDX (1 Placement)
- Springer Spaniel/Casey: CD (1 Placement), RN, RA
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever/Maggie: BN (3 Placements), RN, RA, CGC, CGCA
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever/Molly: AKC CD (2 Placements), CDX (2 Firsts, 1 2nd), UD (2 Firsts, 1 4th) CGC, CGCA, JH, SH, working on Master Hunter. She also has UKC Hunting Retriever Champion.
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever/Abby: AKC 16 point Derby Dog, Senior Hunter (2 Passes), UKC Seasoned Hunter (2 Passes).