Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and to support the safety and health of the overall community, Applewoods has paused registration for all Group classes until it is safe to resume. Private instruction is available on a case-by-case basis with our “Back to Work” instructional DVD available for order for self-training.
New Registrations Accepted Weekly
Saturdays: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Location: Applewoods Training Facility
The Puppy Head Start Program is intended to start your pup on the right track to become well mannered, obedient, and enjoyable companions. The program begins with a free, 1-hour consultation with you and your puppy to discuss the basics of being a new dog owner, as well as assess any specific needs for your dog breed. The one-time fee covers ALL classes and includes a free collar and longe line.
- One hour consultation with an Applewoods Instructor ($50 value)
- The Learning String
- Puppy sized training and games to play with your dog
- Get your puppy in the habit of obeying the following commands: coming when called, sit, down, stand, place and how to pay attention to you out on a walk as well as learning to settle by your side anywhere
- Socialization as a Form of Training List
- Saturdays at noon – Socialization at Applewoods to help teach your puppy manners and appropriate ways to interact with other dogs
- You and your pup will attend until the dog graduates from puppy class, usually around 5 months old, which depends on progress through the class and the size of your dog
- On-going support from the ADT staff with any puppy questions.
FAQs and Instructions
The initial consultation with Elice Shelton, Puppy Social Director, are on Saturdays at 11:00 or weekdays by appointment. Please email Elice@applewoodsdogtraining.com or call her at 410-266-7805 for scheduling.
Applewoods has a strict no-refund policy for any cancellations occurring after 5 days before the first day of class. Click here to read our full refund policy.