New Registrations Accepted Weekly
Saturdays: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Location: Applewoods Training Facility
The Puppy Head Start Program is intended to start your pup on the right track to become well mannered, obedient, and enjoyable companions. The program begins with a free, 1-hour consultation with you and your puppy to discuss the basics of being a new dog owner, as well as assess any specific needs for your dog breed. The one-time fee covers ALL classes and includes a free collar and longe line.
- One hour consultation with an Applewoods Instructor ($50 value)
- The Learning String
- Puppy sized training and games to play with your dog
- Get your puppy in the habit of obeying the following commands: coming when called, sit, down, stand, place and how to pay attention to you out on a walk as well as learning to settle by your side anywhere
- Socialization as a Form of Training List
- Saturdays at noon – Socialization at Applewoods to help teach your puppy manners and appropriate ways to interact with other dogs
- You and your pup will attend until the dog graduates from puppy class, usually around 5 months old, which depends on progress through the class and the size of your dog
- On-going support from the ADT staff with any puppy questions.
FAQs and Instructions
The initial consultation with Elice Shelton, Puppy Social Director, are on Saturdays at 11:00 or weekdays by appointment. Please email Elice@applewoodsdogtraining.com or call her at 410-266-7805 for scheduling.
Applewoods has a strict no-refund policy for any cancellations occurring after 5 days before the first day of class. Click here to read our full refund policy.